Friday, December 24, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
( Give with 1 package hot chocolate, 3 candy kisses, 15 or more mini marshmallows, 1 Candy cane (mug optional) and poem)
Was told that you've been good this year,
Always glad to hear it.
With freezing weather drawing near,
You'll need to warm the Spirit.
So here's a little Snowman soup
Complete with stirring stick,
Add hot water & slip it slow
It's sure to do the trick.
Chex Mix Handout:
Santa "Chex" his list twice to see who's naughty and nice
Look's like you're gettin' "Muffin" for Christmas
Wire whisk filled with candy kisses
We "WHISK" you a Merry "KISSmas
Any Star Ornament
"Remember the reason for the season"
"May your days be happy, your heart be light, your
merry and the New Year Bright!!
here are a bunch more ideas:
- Any sweet treat: "Wishing you a season filled with sweetness!"
- A plate of cookies: "Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, from your "crummy" neighbors.
- Barq's Root Beer: "Have a wonderful Christmas, it shows you're "Barqing" up the right tree!"
- Any soda: "We're "soda-lighted" to wish you a Merry Christmas!"
- Popcorn: "We just "popped" in to wish you a Merry Christmas!"
- Loaf of bread: "For being there when you were "kneaded", for "rising" to the occasion, large or small. For never "loafing" on the job, for helping others "heel" with TLC. No matter how you "slice" it, you do a terrific job loving others."
- Bananas: "If we could choose our friends, and we searched the whole world through, we'd go "bananas" trying to find a better "bunch" than you!"
- Bear Shaped Honey: "Hoping our "honey" of a friend has a "beary" Merry Christmas".
- Microwave Popcorn and 2-liter of soda: "Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a good friend you is!"
- Mug with Hot Chocolate Mix: "To our special friends so dear, wishing you a cup of cheer."
- Eggnog: "Have an "udderly moovalous" holiday!"
- Ice Cream: "Have a cool yule!"
- Hershey's Kisses in a Wire Wisk: "We "whisk" you a merry "kiss" mas.
- Paper Towels: "Blot out your troubles, "absorb" the Christmas spirit!"
- Candle: "Hope your Christmas is full of light"
- Pencil and notepad: "Hope your Christmas is something to write home about!"
- Matches: "To our matchless friends"
- Bubble Gum or Bubble Bath: "May your holidays "bubble" over with fun!"
- 7Up: "7 Up ideas for a wonderful holiday season" (include 7 uplifting thoughts/ideas)
- Sprite: "May your Christmas be Merry and "Sprite"!"
- Rootbeer: "We're "rooting" for you to have a Happy Holiday Season!"
- Any Pop: "We're "soda-lighted" to have you as our friends!"
- Popcorn: "We're "popping" by with a holiday HI!"
- Chocolate Covered Cherries: "Wishing you a very "cherry" Christmas"
- Mints: "We "mint" to wish you a Merry Christmas"
- Snickers Candy Bar: "Don't "snicker" - just be glad you got something!"
- Cookie Dough - "Here's a little extra "dough" for Christmas"
- Jar of Jam: "Hoping your Christmas is "jam" packed with cheer"
- Veggies & Dip: "Dip into the holidays and a healthy New Year!"
- Pasta: Have a "pasta-tively" happy holiday!"
- Muffins or Muffin Mix: "You're gettin' "muffin" for Christmas!"
- Grater & Cheese: "To a "grate" neighbor"
- Seasoning Mix: "Seasoned with love - Happy Holidays!"
- Any Sweet Treat: "Wishing you a season full of sweetness!"
- Whisk Broom: "Take a break, From a Busy Day, and Sweep All Your Cares Away!"
- Basket of Bath Items: "When you feel like a basket case, take a break...and slow your pace"
- Basket of Rolls and Honey Bear: "Have a honey of a Christmas"
- Hershey's Kisses: "Merry "Kiss"mas"
- Bath oils, bubbles, salts: "The holidays can be a strain on our body and brain, so when you feel stressed, a hot bath is best, it truly will help keep you sane!"
- Soup mix: You're "souper" - Merry Christmas"
- Wooden spoon w/ favorite drink or baking mix: "Not a creature was "stirring"..."
- Oven Mitt filled w/ treats: "We have to ad-"mitt" you're a great neighbor!"
- Frozen cookie dough w/ cookie cutters: "Bake up some Christmas cheer!"
- Apple Cider w/wassail mix: "Spice Up Your Christmas!"
- Bag/Box of Whoppers: "Hope you have a "whopper" of a Christmas"
- M&M's: Have a Merry and Most Wonderful Holiday Season!"
- Frozen or Ready-To-Bake Pizza: "Warm up to a wonderful holiday season "topped" with Christmas cheer!"
- Apples and Hershey's Hugs: A teacher can't live by apples alone...she needs hugs too!"
- Popcorn Balls: "Hoping you have a "ball" this Christmas season"
- Jolly Ranchers: "Have a holly "jolly" Christmas"
- Chex Party Mix: "Remember Santa "chex" his list twice to see who's been naughty or nice...so be good for goodness sake!!!
- Box of Hostess Ho-Ho's:" Hope a merry "Ho-Ho-Ho" fills your heart the whole year through!"
- Jar of Jelly: "Jelly is like love -- you can't spread it around without getting some on yourself!"
- Christmas Tray: "We "tray"sure your friendship!"
- Bell: "With each chime of this festive bell, may a Christmas wish come true, and bring you peace and happiness to last the whole year through!"
- Yule Log: "We send you warm greetings this Christmas seasoning"
- Potpourri: "May this weet scent bring back thoughts of warm Christmasses long ago!"
- Cleaners: "You add sparkle and make our life brighter!"
- Nuts: "We're nuts about you!"
- Lifesavers: "You've been a life saver!"
- Juice pitcher filled with candy canes: "We pitcher you raising a little "cane" during the holidays"
- Broom or Feather Duster: "You're "dust" the finest neighbors we know!"
- Measuring Cup or Spoons: "Wishing you a joy beyond "measure"!"
- Star ornament: "Remember the reason for the season!"
- Chocolate Mousse Mix: "Merry Christmousse to our "deer" friends!"
- Wooden Spoon: "Whether stirring up cakes, cookies, soups or souffles; You'll find this sppon useful in so many ways. But whatever it's use, it says, "Merry Christmas from us to you!"
- Flower: "If friends were flowers, we'd pick you!"
- Heart Ornament: "May the joy and love you give away, come back to you on Christmas Day"
- Cinnamon Sugar for toast: "May your Christmas be sprinkled with laughter and love!"
- Christmas music: "May the sweet song of Christmas make your heart rejoice!"
- Filled Basket: "Wishing you a basket full of Christmas blessings"
- Salsa: "Add a little spice to your holidays"
- Stocking or Filled Jar: "Have a fun filled Christmas this year!"
- Candle: "May your days be happy, your heart be light, your Christmas merry and the New Year bright!!!"
- Calendar: "Keep Christmas in your heart the whole year through!"
- Sugar Cookies: "Rolling out a batch of Christmas cheer, for someone we think is very dear!"
- Cherry 7-Up: "Just a little Christmas cheer from Happy Hearts this time of year!"
- Sparkling Cider: "Wising you a sparkling hoilday season!"
- Warm casserole or bread: "Bundled up with warm wishes"
- Eggbeater: "Have an "eggstra" special holiday!"
- Pie: "Wishing you a scrupmtuous Christmas"
- Oranges: " Orange" you glad we're Friends!?" Merry Christmas!!
- Chocolate Orange: "Orange" you glad it's Christmas? Hope your Christmas is a Sweet one!
- Ice Cream Snowballs and Hot Fudge: "Here's some packaged"snowball" treats - Just Drizzle Hot Fudge and its ready to eat!...Enjoy!!"
- Box of Light Bulbs: "Have a bright and radiant Christmas"
- Anything Santa: "Ho - Ho - Hoping your Christmas is Heavenly!"
- Anything Angel: "Hoping you have a Heavenly Christmas!!"
- Gingerbread House: "Nibble, Nibble like a mouse, We hope you'll nibble at this house!" Merry Christmas!!
- Mugs with Hot Chocolate Mix: "To our special friends who are so Dear, We wish you all a cup of Cheer!"
- Cocoa Mix: "Wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas!"
- Gum: "By Gum, You're a great Neighbor!! "Have a Merry Christmas"
- Christmas Shaped pasta: "Have a Pasta-tively Happy Holiday!"
- Jar of Jam: "Hoping you have a Holiday "Jammed" packed with fun!!" "Have a "Berry" nice holiday season!!" Or "Hoping your Christmas is "Jam-packed" with Christmas Cheer!!"
- Homemade Frozen Rolls - "Here's a little holiday treat. Rise and bake, it can't be beat! Warm fresh rolls just for you. Top with butter that's all you do! Warm Holiday Greetings to you"
- Brownie Mix (or other mix): "Whip up this mix for a wonderful holiday fix! Wishing you a "rich" Holiday Season!!" (Attatch the recipe!)
- Homemade carmels: Hoping you have a "Rich" and "wonderful" Holiday!!"
- Pie: "Just a "Holiday Hi" and a tasty Pie!! Happy Holidays!!"
- Divinity: "May your Christmas be "Devine" and your Holidays so Fine! Sweet Christmas Wishes!"
- Rice Krispie Treats: "Snap, Crackle, Pop" We think You're really Tops!"
- Toffee or Brittle: "Any way you break it, We think you're the greatest!"
- Fudge: "Fudge" a little on the calories and enjoy the Holiday Season!"
- Cheese Ball and Crackers: "We don't mean to sound "Cheesey", we just hope you have a "Ball" this Holiday Season! Or "Spread a little Christmas Cheer this Holiday Season!"
- Apple Anything (pie, cobbler, crisp, muffins etc.): "Sending you a "Bushel" of love this holiday Season!!" Or " You are the apple of my eye, Teacher!"
- Banana Bread: "Banana Bread just for you, because you have so much to do... We also love you a whole "Bunch" too! Merry Christmas!"
- Cinnamon Rolls: "Here's a sweet treat "Rolled" up with warm Holiday Wishes! Merry Christmas!"
- Homemade Chocolates: "You're so sweet...having you as neighbors is really a treat! Have a Heavenly Holiday Season!"
- Cake or Cupcakes: "You take the "Cake" neighbor, We think you're first rate! Happy Holidays to you!!"
- Cornbread or Mix: "We're not trying to be "Corny" we just want you to have Merry Christmas!"
- Carrot Cake: " I Really "Carrot" alot about you!! Merry Christmas"
- Spiced Drink Mixes: "Hoping your Holidays are "Spiced" Just right!"
- Recipe: "Just like you friend...it's tried and true, just for you! Happy Holiday Baking or Merry Christmas Cooking!"
- Pizza - "Hope your Holiday has a touch of "Pizza - z!!" Merry Christmas!!"
- Crayons and Coloring Book: Hope your Holidays are Colorful!
- Plant: "The kindness you showmakes our friendship grow and grow! Hope you have a Happy Holiday!!"
- Stuffed animal: "Pawsing" to wish you a Merry Christmas!"
- Donuts: "Donut" you know we love you??? Have a happy Holiday!!"
- Tree shaped pasta, tree shaped container or a small Christmas tree: "Hope your Christmas is "tree-mendous"!"
- Payday candy bar: "It's the "nutty" time of the year again, so please don't lose your cool! Relax, and much this little treat and have a happy yule!"
- Squeeze-It Juice drink & a Hershey's Kiss: "Here's a "squeeze and a "kiss", to remind you you're loved all through the year!"
- Salsa & Tortilla Chips: "Have a hot and spicy Christmas!"
- Scouring pad/sponge: "I scoured the earth for a friend like you!"
Friday, December 10, 2010
I'm 23 and I am married to a wonderful husband, I have the best daughter anyone could ever ask for- They are both my world! Mike works so hard to give us a great life, and Olivia is my everything.
So more about me: ( just a few of the things I love)
I love all girly things- clothes, makeup, jewelery, anything that glitters, anything Pink and anything cute and frilly
I am not a chick flick type of girl- they are the last movies I want to watch. I much prefer action movies to anything: Cellular, Batman, Enemy of the State or Lord Of The Ring- or any Will Smith movie:)
I am really into scrapbook stuff- I love making banners and cards- I like the actual scrap booking part but that can get so expensive
Cereal- I could eat it all day long mmm
Cake or Doughnuts- I'm not that big into ice cream
Monday, December 6, 2010
After Seven Peaks we went down to the shops at Riverwoods to Blickenstaffs. Its such a fun toy store, and they have all the British candy etc. We played around for a little bit and then we went home to change for our fancy dinner. The plan for this party was to dress up for dinner- in Tuxes and prom dresses etc... - and just have a sort of fancy party at home, but instead my mom kept it a secret that we were going out to eat while we were all dressed up. Everyone was such a good sport! So with all the guys in their suits and tuxes, and us girls in our old high school prom dresses- and I mean all of us even my parents:) and we even dressed Olivia up we all went out to eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
It was so fun- and it was also Pleasant Groves High School Preference so we thought we might look like we are trying to blend in:) and to show off our fancy outfits after dinner we decided to go to the mall. I think everyone was wondering what a family was doing in our fancy outfits. I have always wanted to dress up after high school and do something like this, and it was really fun doing it with my family. You know how they have those piano's at the mall that they pay people to pay to play? Well, my brother, Kevin, decided to sit and play some Christmas songs on an empty one... He is really amazing at the piano- he played some Transiberian Orchestra songs and we kind of got a crowd gathered. At least we didn't get kicked out:)
So after all our fun at the mall we headed home to have our gift exchange. Just us kids drew names and I think everyone loved what they got:) After we enjoyed some red velvet cheesecake from the cheesecake factory...mmm..., and played games. Olivia was such an awesome sport all day long with only getting little naps during the car rides:)
It was so much fun being with family this past weekend. I'm so lucky that I live so close to family. My parents really made this a fun and special weekend, and I can't wait to see everyone for Christmas!
(pictures courtesy of Stephanie Hyde)
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Things I love about Thanksgiving:
1. Being with Family
2. Homemade Rolls
3. Chocolate Pie
4.Being able to eat and eat all day long no matter how full you feel .... and everyone being okay with it:)
Olivia was so cute with Grandpa. She liked to share the cards with him.
Thursday night Steph and Jon came and stayed the night with us. I debated whether or not to get up and go shopping. Luckily, they didn't want to go so early. We did go shopping on Friday at about 10 in the morning and it didnt feel like Black Friday to me... Im sure at Wal-mart and Target it might have but we just went to the mall and it really wasn't that bad. It was like any other Saturday. So we were glad. Kasi and Brady stayed with us Friday night. It was so fun having family visiting us. They even made us dinner and it was delicious! Olivia warms up so quick and was such a goofy girl with them:)
Today is Mike's dads birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So we went over for a birthday lunch and played cards. Its been such a nice, very relaxing weekend!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Olivia is all better! Yay:) But, mommy is sick now:( I hate being sick, because I feel like an awful mommy. I still play with Olivia but, you know how you feel when you are sick you just want to stay in bed and sleep and, its so hard to not kiss her chubby cheeks:)! Hopefully Mike stays healthy. I just hope I am all better by Thanksgiving! That gives me about a week to get better.... Wish me luck!
Monday, November 15, 2010
I just remember how I felt when I was at Roberts Craft with Olivia and how she choked on a balloon string, and she started shaking since she couldn't breath and I panicked because I couldn't get it out of her.Luckily Olivia was alright.Things like that just really hit you especially when its children because they are so helpless when they are that small. I keep praying that, that mom will feel alright and that her child will be fine too. I guess seeing that happen you just realize even more how important family is.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
We haven't done much this week, since she has been sick, and since its been freezing. We did watch it snow for a little bit yesterday, and I did put up some more Christmas stuff. The weeks lately go by so fast to me. Maybe it's the Holidays coming up. I can't believe its already Thursday this week. Thanksgiving is in two weeks! Yay! And Christmas isn't too far. We actually have all of our shopping done! I think everyone had the same idea of getting it done early cause the stores and streets and so crazy and crowded! I'm actually glad we are done. I do love the Christmas shopping but, I hate the crowds, so at least we have got everything we needed too.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
All you need for this wreath is a wire hanger and a bunch of ornaments- I didnt have all the same size ornaments but I think it still turned out cute with the different size ones- I didn't want to wait to go buy them so I just used what I had , and then some ribbon, hot glue gun w/glue:)
Take one of these...
and bend it into the form of a circle. Then, grab your glue gun and as many round ornaments in varying sizes as you can find. You'll need about 80 in all. Whenever I do my tree, I like the more unusual shapes, so it's always the round ones I have left over. Even if you don't, though, you can always find them for reasonable prices at a discount retailer, especially after the holidays.
To secure the metal cap to the ball, dab a little hot glue and press. That way, the cap will remain attached as the ornaments are strung.
Next, untwist the end of the hanger, then string one ornament at a time, making sure to alternate the placement and colors as desired. Use smaller sizes to fill in the gaps!
Check out the final result! To secure it to the door (make sure it's on the interior!), I used the hook end of the hanger, together with a little wire. Then I covered it up with bubblegum pink satin ribbon and a bow. How simple and beautiful is that?
Monday, November 1, 2010
Olivia has been so happy today. Everything has been making her laugh, its so cute. So far today we have set up what Christmas stuff we have right now, took my sister Melanie to get her eyebrows waxed- I really need to go buy another wax station, ran to the beauty supply store to get some things- I guess even though I don't do hair as much I'm still glad I am able to go buy things at the beauty supply stores, let Olivia run around, and now she is taking a nap and I need to finish cleaning my house.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
(she would spin and make herself so dizzy)
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
I had to share Olivia's Obsession with shoes... She absolutly loves them! All of them. She would be happy with a pile of shoes all day long. She loves to wear all of mommy's high heels and she will put them on and walk around in them. The same with Daddy's big work boots- well she can't really walk in them but its so funny how much she loves them- yup! She is such a girly girl. She pretty much has the same obsession with all my purses and earings!