Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Party Weekend


This past weekend was so much fun! We all got together on my side of the family and had our family Christmas party on Saturday. We all went ice skating at Seven Peaks. Mike and me haven't been in forever. It was so much fun. They don't allow strollers on the ice so Olivia got to ice skate too. She looked so cute wearing the tiny ice skates. She would even try to move her feet on the ice, but most of the time her legs were limp while we held up her arms. She loved it! We will definitely go again really soon... maybe for my birthday...





After Seven Peaks we went down to the shops at Riverwoods to Blickenstaffs. Its such a fun toy store, and they have all the British candy etc. We played around for a little bit and then we went home to change for our fancy dinner. The plan for this party was to dress up for dinner- in Tuxes and prom dresses etc... - and just have a sort of fancy party at home, but instead my mom kept it a secret that we were going out to eat while we were all dressed up. Everyone was such a good sport! So with all the guys in their suits and tuxes, and us girls in our old high school prom dresses- and I mean all of us even my parents:) and we even dressed Olivia up we all went out to eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory.





It was so fun- and it was also Pleasant Groves High School Preference so we thought we might look like we are trying to blend in:) and to show off our fancy outfits after dinner we decided to go to the mall. I think everyone was wondering what a family was doing in our fancy outfits. I have always wanted to dress up after high school and do something like this, and it was really fun doing it with my family. You know how they have those piano's at the mall that they pay people to pay to play? Well, my brother, Kevin, decided to sit and play some Christmas songs on an empty one... He is really amazing at the piano- he played some Transiberian Orchestra songs and we kind of got a crowd gathered. At least we didn't get kicked out:)


So after all our fun at the mall we headed home to have our gift exchange. Just us kids drew names and I think everyone loved what they got:) After we enjoyed some red velvet cheesecake from the cheesecake factory...mmm..., and played games. Olivia was such an awesome sport all day long with only getting little naps during the car rides:)


It was so much fun being with family this past weekend. I'm so lucky that I live so close to family. My parents really made this a fun and special weekend, and I can't wait to see everyone for Christmas!

(pictures courtesy of Stephanie Hyde)

No comments:

Post a Comment