Saturday, March 31, 2012
I love this weather lately! ... not the so often changing from cold to hot but I love the hot weather! And yesterday was super hot- my kids got so much sun(it doesnt really show in the pictures but they both have farmers tans. Popsicles were a perfect way to end the day!
Posted by Haley at 10:39 AM
Friday, March 30, 2012
We went on a fun picnic today with my friend Keri. She has a little girl "Jazzy"- Im sorry if I spelt her name wrong... but she is such a cute little girl! She is about 18 months old, and as tall as Olivia! It was such a beautiful day. So glad we made plans to go on a picnic!
Posted by Haley at 1:38 PM
Friday, March 23, 2012
So we started potty training Olivia last Saturday- skipped Sunday cause I didn't want to worry about nursery and then ever since Monday she has been doing awesome! For the last couple months or longer she has gone poop on the toilet a couple times so she has done awesome with going number two on the toilet. She has had a couple little accidents but it was while trying to make it to the bathroom. So atleast she has the feeling down. The last few days though no accidents! I even took her food shopping with me- it took us 2 hours but thats what happens when we have to keep running to their restroom:) At least she will use other restrooms! We strictly started off with just putting her in panties cause she knows a pull-up is a diaper- the very first day we tried to start she did not want to wear underwear cause she was terrified of having an accident!:) we haven't worried about her going at night yet so of course its pull-ups at night:) But now even after her bath when we put pull-ups on her she will still use her toilet! She is so proud of herself and we are so proud of her! I know she is bound to have some more accidents but at least she does try to hold it to go to the bathroom. The first thing she did this morning was go and use her toilet when she woke up!
Posted by Haley at 11:28 AM
Monday, March 19, 2012
Happy Monday everyone! We had quite a fun week/weekend last week.
1. Started potty training Olivia- we bought her some big girl princess underwear and she pretty much just held it all day on saturday- she did eventually go on her toilet. She is paranoid about not being able to go to the bathroom in her underwear so that is probably a good thing for us:)
2. Watched some new movies. The Warrior- great great movie kind of between Rocky and Cinderella Man. And then Moneyball- I actually liked it. Im never in the mood to watch those type of movies- I like lots of action and suspense movies the most but I really enjoyed those two movies. Then we watched Fairgame- ummm super slow movie for us anyways couldn't really get into it.
3. Forts Galore! Lately I just keep making Olivia different forts ever since her castle went bu-bye:(
4. Discovery Park. We played at discovery park on Saturday. It has been a long time since we've taken Olivia there, but she loved it.
5. Taught Olivia to ride her bike-trike:) We have been trying to get her to learn how to peddle it inside our house but when we told her to push down with her legs she would push on her knees with her hands. So the first warm day last week I took her outside, she hopped on her bike, and she started peddling right away! I guess she just needed to be outside:)
One of our forts:
Posted by Haley at 8:03 AM
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Today wasn't as warm as yesterday but it was still beautiful weather. So we had a little picnic in the backyard. We made peanut butter and honey sandwiches. It wasn't a very long picnic cause the wind did start blowing more but it was nice to get outside and let Olivia run around.
Top Model Pose
Posted by Haley at 11:32 AM
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Today we made a princess castle fort. For lunch princess crown shaped grilled cheese sandwiches and soup. And we watched some princess movies. And right now the princess is napping in her royal chambers.
Prince Korver has had fun crawling around the castle also.
Posted by Haley at 12:26 PM
Monday, March 5, 2012
I don't know why but Im just in a cooking mood lately. I made these absolutly delicious peanut butter cookie- the cream in the middle is so yummy! I usually am not in a peanut butter cookie mood but I have been for a while now. I have been wanting to try out this recipe for a while now and I decided to make some to take over to dinner yesterday. I love finding simple recipes that taste delicious!
Over the weekend we went to Ikea and bought a new bed- ours has been broken for sometime now. I love the new bed though! Mike even let me buy a new duvet cover. I will post a picture of the bed later. Our kids have been using the boxes as tents so both us and the kids got something new:) Have a great week!
Posted by Haley at 11:35 AM