Friday, January 7, 2011

Curled Ribbon Clips


So I didn't have any purple clips for Olivia since I don't buy her many purple outfits. But I have to have everything match so I needed to make one. So here is how you make the curled ribbon clips:

Supplies: Wooden dowels, ribbon, hot glue gun, string, scissors, clips, oven


1. Pick out your ribbon- I ended up not putting the star ribbon in the clips


2. Wrap ribbon around wooden dowels- I tied the ribbon on the ends to keep it on but most people hold it on with clips


3. Pre-heat oven to 250' bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.



4. Cut ribbon to length of how big you want it:) I cut mine to make two mini clips



5. Since my hand is broken I couldn't take pictures of how I tied it. I took two of each color for each clip, so 8 pieces total and tied them with the string in the center of the ribbons to hold them together. Then I glued them to the clips with a piece of ribbon wrapped around the middle to secure it.


Final Product:



No comments:

Post a Comment