Monday, July 30, 2012

Sick

This past weekend was not the funnest one. Both kids were sick, and still are sick:( They both started with a high fever and now are congested and have a cough. A lot of my friend's kids are sick too so something must be going around.  So we have just been lazy all weekend.


For lunch on Sunday I wanted to make soup, but didnt have a lot of ingredients or any cans of soup. I found a recipe for some cheesy soup, and luckily it didnt call for too many ingredients. It turned out delicious! It taste similar to Zupas Wisconsin Cauliflower soup:) without the cauliflower.

Ingredients:
1/4 C butter
1 Chopped onion
1/4 C flour
3 C chicken broth
3 C milk
1 lb shredded cheese

I didnt have an onion so I just used some onion salt and I did half milk and half half & half.

Melt butter and onion together- the recipe said for 5 minutes until onion was soft I didnt have to wait that long:) then add flour and stir continuously add chicken broth stir until thick,- I stirred it for about 5 minutes, then add milk and bring to a boil. Add in cheese- I had a five lb bag of cheese so I just added as much as I wanted:) Then I crumbled bacon on top- and put gold fish crackers on for the kids. With some xtra cheese to sprinkle on top:) Sorry they are not exact recipe directions but I usually just put in what I want:) Its super creamy and very filling- perfect for fall or winter weather, we love soup so we will take it any time of the year:)



No comments:

Post a Comment