Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Elder Kevin James Porter


Kevin entered the MTC today! Its so exciting to think he will be sharing the gospel for two years. I think its going to fly by fast. He is such an amazing brother. On Sunday when he spoke, you could feel the spirit so strong, and could tell that he is ready to go and serve the Lord. Mike and me went to his setting apart last night, and it was a really spiritual experience. We all got to share our feelings, and testimony to Kevin. It was such an overwhelming feeling for me at least. You could tell that Kevin has prepared so much and that he was ready to go. He has such a strong testimony of the gospel and I know its going to help so many people. I got to go with my parents and Melanie to drop him off at the MTC today. Even though its just curb side drop off we didn't feel rushed which was really cool. You could definitely tell Kevin couldn't wait to go! He had the biggest smile on his face the whole time:) I'm going to miss him for the two years, but it's not like it's forever. I'm so proud of him, and I'm so grateful for my parents and how they have raised us to make righteous decisions.

1 comment: